Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sheer Joy of Belongingness



Connections are amazing. They bring a touch of piquantness in our lives. We  have connections of varying nature, with so many people, places and things around us. Sitting in my room I look a little left and I see the wind chime hanging there, making mellisonant sounds, gliding along with the wind and I remember the day when I was hanging it there, with my friends and I couldn't stop myself from smiling and I kept smiling for a long time.. As you can't separate a breeze from a wind same way people and things are connected with you in some intricate ways and you can't part with them without losing a part of yourself.  
Joy is the best makeup- I read that somewhere. May be that's right because when I gaze in to those lovely-ugly faces of people I give a damn about I hardly see any blemishes. Their flaws never bother me, instead that's make them irritatingly more adorable or special ...all these lifeless objects that are lying around me sending a constant signal that you ain't dead and drained.. just keep up. Keep up with the pace with which world around is moving..


Randomness is grinning
and I smile back..
how it connects me
with all of you out there


I never asked for you
you never did that for me
still, here we are
soldering, sharing all the worries
and woes of this flyspeck life


I look back at the days passed by
and the things that are hanging around
jeans that I wear or shoes in which I crawl
sheets on my bed or color of my wall
people with whom I painted it all


these nibbles and shots of flashbacks
fun memoirs that are stored in my memory
and my bagpack
when I'm standing on the edge
or lying at the lowest of my ebb
they keep me from falling
drag me out of that clumsy web


boastful joy and the love showers
I have, I enjoy more
then more I crave
I think the best way to shove off all your worries is that remeber the Good Times and keep going on and on. People that really belong to you will always there to push you up and all you need to do is to extend your hands instead of holding it back.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters

― Audrey Hepburn


18 comments:

  1. nice poem
    its nice to read something on your blog
    after a long time
    check out my new website

    http://www.theunpredictablegame.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connections are everywhere aren't they?? I love thinking of the inter-connectedness of us all. Beautiful post my friend, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously connecting, enjoying and being in a state of bliss is all that matters. You have wind chimes in your room, so very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they are all around, even when you think they can't be found. Enjoying is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living each moment and being in happy state of mind is so essential:) Lovely writing, Jyoti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. enJOYed your lovely poem jyoti....

    bless you dear!!

    anu

    ReplyDelete
  7. हर पल कैसे हो जाये आनन्दमयी

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a coicidence Jyoti. I happened to write something slightly related to such a concept lately. And so true it is that you have penned down. Live the moments. that is the best we can do.The prose at the start is beautiful and so profound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. चिंता छोड़ो, सुख से जियो...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is the ultimate pursuit of humankind-it is joy,an endless joy and nothing else..said Buddha! But irony is that life is full of sadness and and misery! (again by Buddha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And there are many ways suggested in our scriptures as golden rules how to achieve that joy ...that perpetual joy ...sat chit anand ? the first rule is to practice detachment ,,,detachment of all worldly affairs..from near and dear ones..am on this first ladder of seeking joy and you may understand :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dear Jyoti,
    You have such nice Blog and i like you writing skills. I'm impressed the way you describes the things or explains it in every post of yours.Keep it up and let such nice post share with us which have been sharing till now.

    Cheers to you...;-)

    Rahul kale

    ReplyDelete
  13. A post brimming with sheer optimism and friendliness.

    Geetashree

    http://panaecea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. we def are all interconnected...and our joys ripple out and touch all those that surround us in life...i would def like to be a joy finder...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful poem Jyoti. Be happy and stay happy!! Beautiful message Jyoti :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful poem: poignant, heartfelt, and so very true. I don't know what else to say.

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete

Write whatever may come to your mind..
I'm here with my fingers on keyboard waiting to reply :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...